The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery aka The Aesthetic Society (hereinafter “The Society”) is committed to providing an educational environment that is welcoming and free from any form of harassment or other discrimination. This Code of Conduct (hereinafter “Code”) applies to all persons, including attendees and their guests, exhibitors, Society staff and venue staff (hereinafter “persons”), present at our meetings and/or Society-sponsored events (hereinafter “venues”).
Expected Conduct. All persons at Society venues shall:
- Be considerate and respectful to each other;
- Alert Society staff if they hear of or observe any conduct that violates this Code; and
- Comply with this Code, all meeting venue rules, policies and procedures, and all laws and regulations of the state where the venue is located.
Unacceptable Conduct. The Society expressly prohibits harassment and discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, pregnancy, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, family responsibilities, political affiliation, or any other legally protected characteristic. Examples of harassment and discrimination include, but are not limited to:
- Sexist, racist, homophobic or other discriminatory jokes, slurs, insults or comments;
- Unwelcome sexual advances, whether verbal or physical;
- Display of sexualized images;
- Stalking, whether in person or online;
- Threatening or intimidating language or physical conduct; and
- Inappropriate photography or recording.
Reporting Procedure. All persons shall immediately report to Society staff any believed or witnessed violations of this Code. All reported concerns will be treated seriously and investigated promptly. The Society will not tolerate any actual or attempted reprisals or retaliation against any person who, in good faith, reports a believed or witnessed violation of this Code, or who participates in The Society’s investigation.
Consequences. Any person asked to stop any Code-violating behavior shall comply immediately. Additionally, at The Society’s sole discretion, any violation of this Code may result in removal from or denial of access to the venue without a refund of any applicable registration fees, and/or disqualification from attendance at future Events.