501 Forehead Lift: Planning and Technique
Timothy Marten, MD
Level: Comprehensive Organization: Didactic Lecture
Objectives: Upon completion of this course participants should be able to plan and perform a forehead lift.
Description: This course will be a practical, clinically oriented, step-by-step guide to planning and performing a forehead lift. (Please note: The course will focus on forehead lift surgery only. Separate courses on facelift, neck lift and facial fat grafting are offered and interested learners are encouraged to enroll in them.)
- Review indications for open (coronal) forehead lift, closed (“endoscopic” and “limited incision”) forehead lift, hairline lowering forehead lift, supracillary eyebrow lift, and hybrid foreheadplasty techniques
- Compare and contrast the strengths and weaknesses of the commonly advocated neck lift techniques.
- Discuss pre-operative analysis of the individual patient and the formulation of an appropriate surgical plan for neck lift surgery.
- Discuss planning of incisions to minimize scars, hairline displacement and secondary deformities.
- Discuss forehead lift techniques for bald men or men with shaved heads
- Review clinically relevant anatomy important to surgical technique and avoiding complications
- Discuss sequencing forehead lift with other procedures
- Review anesthesia considerations if forehead lift surgery
- Discuss patient safety issues in forehead lift surgery
- Discuss peri-operative care of the forehead lift patient